Sunday, October 18, 2015

DBPOWER 720p Wireless Network IP Camera Smart Cam

Out of all the deals so far I was most excited about this one. Because I go away most weekends I like to check in on my cats. I used to do that with auto-answer on Skype and my webcam, but now that I live in a bigger place my computer doesn't have a view of my entire apartment...so that doesn't work. 

I received the DBPOWER 720p Wireless Network IP Camera Smart Cam for FREE! (Regular price $59.98) Perfect! I won't go into major details here, but it's a pretty decent little cam. It doesn't need to be wired to my computer, it connects to my network wirelessly. It just needs to be plugged in to power. I can monitor it from an app on my phone or tablet and I can see/hear everything in my entire living room. I can even turn on the microphone and talk to my kitties while I'm away (this scared the crap out of them....maybe I won't) It has pretty decent video quality as well as very good night-vision. The cam comes with everything you need, including screws to mount it to the wall if you want (I did) It does not come with an SD card, but that is not required.

The downfall to this cam is the instructions. They suck. It's clearly an Asian product with the instructions translated....very poorly. So not only are they limited, the English is very broken. Luckily I was able to figure most of it out, I'm not sure everyone would be able to though.

IP cameras can get pretty pricey. I think for the quality and functionality of this one the $60 price tag is not unreasonable. I would probably purchase this for that price. This was a great deal!

 


IR Night Vision - The room was pitch black,
 the lights you see are the IR sensors from my Wii sensor bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment